maanantai 2. kesäkuuta 2014

Speech for my English class :)

Moi taas,

Halusin tulla tänne postaamaan mun kaikista viimeisen projektin koko Amerikan high schoolille, eli mun puheen englannin tunnille, joka oli meidän finaali sille tunnille. Nyt olen check outia vaille valmis koulun kanssa täällä, jee!

It was four years ago when I came here, to Live Oak High School for the first time as a freshman… Oh wait! I have only been here for ten months. It is just so hard to believe it since I feel like I have adjusted here better than anywhere else before. When I entered Live Oak high school for the first time everythnig was new for me and my mind was filled with auspicious thoughts. All the American flags, students’ little lockers and zippy people made me feel like I was in an American movie. Besides some of the exchange students who I had met quickly before the school started, I hadn’t seen any of the people before. Always when I was wondering desperately at the campus, trying to find my hiding classrooms, I got some help. It was wonderful that there was always someone with orienteering skills to help me. The strange environment got familiar to me very fast. I started to reconize familiar faces and many brave students who I didn’t even know came to say hi to me and talk to me. Sometimes it was really awkward when people seemed to know everything about me and I couldn’t even remember their names. Eventually I didn’t need any help to find my classes and the school started to feel like my own school for me. The friendly and caring atmosphere was conveyed easily and it didn’t take a long time before I always had a place to go during lunch and brunch.
    
      Despite strict deadlines, tiring homework, hundreds of boring classes and ruthless tests, this senior year has been really enjoyable for me. Would I change something if I could? No. Did I regret during the whole year that I took this, probably the most demanding class in this school? Oh yes! What about afterwards? Definitely not. This class kept me on task. Despite the huge amount of work, in this class I learned absolutely the most. I assume I am not the only one in this class who feels the same way. Now we can all be really proud of ourselves because we made it through our senior year with an honor!

      The American high school spirit is something we all shoul be proud of. The difference between Europe and America is huge and that is why all of us should be grateful for ourselves, our unforgettable friends, caring teachers and the staff that works really hard here, for creating such an awesome atmosphere at Live Oak. It is not a subject to take for granted. Not for me. Going back to Finland and starting school there will be hard and boring. So, why wouldn’t we enjoy the last moments in high school and make these memories, Disnayland trip, our graduation and gradnite the best we can.

     Coming to a strange, new place is hard. Thank you Acorns for making it home for me.

Se oli siinä. Hyvää alkanutta viikkoa kaikille :)
<3- Katja

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti